Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hot tea makes everything better.

I haven't posted in a while. And I'm so sorry for that. I've been struggling lately. Older blogs of mine were begun with the purpose of accepting my venting, allowing them to become these sad, festering sites of negativity. This blog was designed with a very different purpose. I wanted to lift myself up, along with all of you. But because I have been falling apart a bit, and I didn't have much positivity to offer, so I avoided this blog. If you can't say anything nice don't saying thing at all, right? But I'm back. I'm fighting that darkness in any small way I can. And maybe writing posts will force me to seek more positive things in my life.

My emotions and behavior have been pretty erratic. Good friends have been brave enough to point this out to me and for that I am grateful. I won't disclose details about my breakdown, but I will tell you that I am taking steps to get better. On Monday I go to my first counseling appointment, and two days ago I started taking my medicine again. The medicine has given me really nasty nausea. Yesterday I threw up and missed a meeting (boo). I'm assured that it will get better when I've taken the medicine regularly for a while. It would be freakin sweet if I could know EXACTLY when I would stop feeling like throwing up constantly, but I've chosen my sanity over my stomach apparently. I'm just holding onto the hope that it will get better.

This is one of those windows I'm passing up.

Anyway, to combat my negativity, I'm starting a Gratefulness Project. Every day I'll post something I'm grateful for. I have plenty of things to feel thankful about, but I need to look a little harder. And that looking will hopefully shove me a little further out of this funk.

So today, I'm thankful for hot tea in the morning before my early classes. Tea gives me a reason to get out of bed. It's easy to make. It warms me up on my way to class in this yucky dark time of year. So today is tea. Tomorrow will be something else.

Hot tea makes everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment